Thursday, October 29, 2009

Daily Blog: 10-30-09

Daily Blog: 10-30-09


Great news from the field! I had a meeting with the publisher of the Times News Media and I got the job of editor for the Ocean County edition! I will be working closely with the company over the next few weeks to build up the website and a response from the first few areas to cover in Ocean County. Towns like: Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights and the Ocean Bay Area will be the first to be covered. Other towns like Brick and Toms River will be covered over the next few weeks. Any organizations or groups in these areas are encouraged to contact me (jrwarnet@yahoo.com) if you have any community news or events you would like covered!
The latest edition of the monthly online newspaper features the Columbus Day Parade coverage and other news from around Ocean County. Please log on to www.oceancountytimesnews.com for updated information about your hometown!
In other news, I will be recording a version of my latest Sea Fiction article, that is to be published in Long Island Boating World, later this week. The audio voice recording will feature a reading of the newest story titled: Revenge of the Lost Pole. Anyone interested in saltwater fishing in Island Beach would find it appealing. A podcast version of the reading will be available shortly!
As for my fishing reports for Connecticut and New Jersey, the last reports of the season will be published on Saturday on the Fishing Line’s website. (www.thefishingline.com) The reports will be picked up again in the spring around the beginning of April.
If you are interested in seeing me “in action”, I will be on assignments for the upcoming week. On Saturday, October 31st, I will be on hand to cover the Toms River Halloween Parade in downtown Toms River. The photo and video shoot will be set for the entire parade so if you see me there, come on over for a quick interview! On Tuesday, November 3rd, I will be on assignment in Summit, NJ for the Election Day coverage, beginning at around 5:00 pm. Interviews with the winning candidate for the election will go on late into the night.
If you have any questions or comments for me, please email me at jrwarnet@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment